Sunday, April 8, 2007

Life and Death

That’s me the untouchable
The deceased all around me
Their souls trapped and spirits can’t roam free
One by one they leave
I touch their hearts, they turn to dust
They wither away
As though they were never there
Friends turn to enemies
As loss and confusion
Surrounds me
Where did I go wrong?
I need to move forward and never to look back
I must remember the good
For love is in me
Somehow this keeps me alive
Sadness can be forgotten
But stains the soul
Believe in yourself and not the negative words of others
Keep your head up and mind towards the positive
Let others judgements become an experience
That of knowledge and wisdom
Let words of good or evil strengthen your heart
And educate your mind
Confess all that is in your thoughts
As you feel a sense of relief
A voice of an angel can touch the soul in so many ways
Faith in God can lift your spirits
A guide into the unknown world
Fear and poverty
The emptiness we hold inside
The lonely nights
The scars tell a story
Of life and love lived
A twisted elegance
Death does not mean the end
But new beginnings of another life that has been sent
An eternal circle that starts and ends all at once
When life begins it starts to die one second closer to death
Live each day as though it was your last
Never attempt suicide or pity others
Let envy disappear with each step
Because as bad as your life might be there is always someone worse off than yourself
Don’t mourn passing, but celebrate life
For when we enter into our next journey
Our bodies shall turn into dust
And our spirits in peace and free
No more heartache, No more sorrow
As beauty is within all and not what society leads us to believe

1 comment:

Katly said...

Suzi that was wonderful. You are truly the poet in the family. Have you read my stuff yet. Make sure you do and you comment on it especially my book. If you like it tell me if you don't tell me why. Then I can write chapter two.
Love Katly